AIDS Walk Colorado – Walk For Life – brings more than 8,000 people together from all across the state in awareness of HIV and AIDS in Colorado.
The event serves as a day to remember those we have lost to HIV and AIDS with panels of the AIDS Memorial Quilt and a 5K Awareness run & walk through Denver’s Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Following the walk, the Celebration of Life Festival includes numerous vendors, live entertainment, food, beverages, the CHEERS! Beer Garden, and the 9th annual AIDS Walk Colorado Volleyball Tournament, held in conjunction with the Colorado Gay Volleyball Association.
Here are some ways that you can support Team BCAP:
- Register as a walker or runner PLUS fundraise toward Team BCAP‘s goal of $20,000 (see below)
- Encourage your friends and family to donate to your personal goal!
- Fundraise only (if you cannot attend the event in person)
- Donate directly to a team member
- Sign up as a walker or runner only (if you cannot fundraise)
If you’d like to participate as a walker or runner and/or fundraise for Team BCAP, all you need to do is register! It’s simple:
- Click HERE to go to Team BCAP’s fundraising site and click “Join Team” on the right side of the page
- After accepting the waiver, you’ll create your personal page and set a fundraising goal (optional)
- Invite your friends and family to join/support Team BCAP, too!
If you’re not able to participate on August 19, but still would like to support Team BCAP, be assured that your donation is secure and tax-deductible. Because of your sponsorship, you will have a hand in raising much needed funds to help reduce new HIV diagnoses in Colorado and provide support for people living with HIV/AIDS in the Boulder region.